Due to the community dialogue that has occurred, the program was already considered a success before one gun was exchanged, but the sheer numbers and participation far exceeded the expectation of many. There were an approximate 15 additional individuals turned away. So far there has been a series of calls from individuals wishing to participate in future events and relieve their environments of unwanted guns.
Due to the favorable and overwhelming response the exchange scheduled for Saturday Sept. 29th has been rescheduled. The next event will be as follows:
- Saturday Oct. 6th 2007
Location: St. Paul Baptist Church 603 W. Nebraska Peoria, IL. 61604 (309)686-2086
Time: 10:00Am to 2:00 PM (or while supplies last)
- Volunteer Training 9:00AM 10/6/07 St. Paul Baptist Church.
- New Bethel/Pastors Assn.
PO Box 6167
Peoria, IL. 61601
Payable to New Bethel/Pastors Assn.
Memo: Gun Exchange
We wish to thank all businesses, individuals and organizations that have contributed toward this exchange. In addition to the churches of the association, the following is a listing of businesses and individuals that have supported our efforts as of 10/3/2007:
- DECA Realty
- Dunamis Insurance & Business Services
- Illinois Mutual
- Hardin Signs
- Citizens For Community Values
- The Heights Bank
- The Peoria Palace Skating Rink
- Agape Baptist Church
- 5th Avenue Fashions
- MacDonald Shell Gas Stations
- Walmart Peoria (University Peoria)
- South Side Bank Peoria
- Robert O. Kaiser CPA
- Mr. Everett Fritz JD
- Rev. Linda Butler
- Young Visionaries Scholarship Fund
- W.E. Turner- Peoria City Council At Large Rep.
- Citizens For Ardis
- Alwan & Sons Inc.
- Falcon Inc.
- Brewers Distribution
- Honda World Of Peoria
- D. Joseph & Sons Assoc. Real Estate
- Friends Of Ray LaHood
- Mr. Darrin LaHood JD
- City Of Peoria
- Peterson Health Systems
- The Draves Family
Your gifts were used to assist people who were in need and were willing to participate. They helped:
- A man who admittedly had trouble in the past and a criminal background, but who has committed to serving his family and working full time. He needed money for gas to make it to work. He received a $100 Shell Gas card in exchange for a weapon that someone had used to try to kill him with.
- An elderly woman who’s primary fear was that someone would break into her home and use the gun that her deceased husband had in the home to kill her.
- An individual who no longer wants street or thug life or anything that used to resemble where he had come from.
Every person received prayer and all interactions were positive. Thank you Peoria for your continued support and prayers. The Peoria Pastors Assn. is on the move.
Churches And Pastors:
This Association is all church inclusive and an interdenominational effort. Any church wishing to be a part of the Association and be recognized as such, should call Pastor Burnett at (309)688-6599 or any of the fine Pastors listed on this site.